Sunday, May 24, 2009

Movie: Australia starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman

This movie was rather long in comparison to the average movie. It unfortunately dragged in spots. The movie did have some cute moments, some sweet moments, some scary moments and some oh my moments.

Ms. Kidman was her usual perfection in her role. Mr. Jackman was his usual perfection in his role. Frankly, he could just stand there for 2 hours and I'd be happy (okay, I'm old, I'm single, but I can look can't I?).

Australia was set around 1939 to 1942, or so. It included bits about how the area was affected by WWII and bits about the white/aboriginal issues of the time. Although there was a hint of a statement about the civil rights of the time, it wasn't the focus of the movie. The focus was the love story of Ms Kidman's role (Sarah Ashley), Mr. Jackman's role (The Drover), and their mutual love for a little boy that was a "half-caste." The scenery was magnificent, the animals were wondrous.

I will recommend this movie, but be prepared to get up to get popcorn in the "draggy" spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment